Saturday, February 20, 2010

Eat our bubbles!


Our winter swimming season is coming to an end...but not as soon as it did last year. These boys of mine are having some amazing successes. Braxton has dropped as much as 18 seconds off of his times in a few months (This is actually the story attached to the picture above. He's telling Evan and Evan gives him a great reaction.); Evan has dropped 12 seconds off of his 100 Breast time to where he has qualified for the Junior Olympics also known as the ISI State Championship!!!! He is hoping to qualify in the 50 Breast as well. Carter has been chosen to swim in the Gold Conference Championship because he is in the top 3 in over 3 events on his 8 & under team. He received 3 2nd place medals at the last meet! These kids can beat me now--undeniable. I really love this sport because of the focus on not just winning, but on improving your personal best. Plus, I am in awe as I look at these long lean bodies of my 3 baby boys. They are definitely not so little anymore! Steve and I are so proud of them! We can't believe they are competing at Regionals and State. Steve's motto to the boys is, "Leave it all in the pool." And they are definitely doing that.

OK. The next 2 pictures deserve their story. As proud as we are of what they can do in the pool. We are prouder of who they were even out of the pool. Braxton was not ready when the buzzer sounded and was adjusting his goggles. This EASILY delayed him 4-5 seconds, which is huge in these races. He was clearly in last place. You would never know it, though, by watching his brothers cheer him on. Looking through teary eyes, Steve captured this moment as Evan and Carter were telling Braxton that he was #1 and to "keep going" during his race. This was Steve's and my medal for the race as parents. A tender moment that is worth more than any time-drop or ribbon-that's for sure.






Evan's 100 Breast-my jr olympian



Braxton and the 100 Butterfly


Evan is always happy at meets--unless he's DQd.


Evan's keeping himself busy. Ironic that he's doing that "birdcall" when you cup your hands together and blow. I remember my brothers figuring it out and them doing it non-stop for a few weeks. Yep! I have had to live through it yet another time. Boys will be boys.
Carter is the man. I can't wait to hear how Gold Conference goes! Go, Carter!

No comments: