Thursday, September 9, 2010

School is in session

It's hard for me to believe I have 4 kids in school all day. Braxton is in 7th grade, Evan-5th, Carter-3rd, and Emma- Kindergarten. Wowzers! Where has the time gone? Wasn't I just refilling their sippy cups, playing peek-a-boo, and putting them down for naps? We are all excited, though, for this new school year. Everyone is happy with their teachers AND has friends in their classes. My kids' excitement is helping me with my anxiety. I know I am more nervous than they are at the start of the year. So far, we are off to a good start!

Braxton has grown as much as our tree!
My 3 Kendall Elementary students

Carter is excited for Mrs. Donivan.
We've heard she's strict, but fun. Perfect for Carter!


Evan's got a good group of friends in his class. His teacher is known for her math and science skills! Sweet! Again, perfect for Evan.



Emma gets Mrs. Brown! And so did Braxton, Evan, & Carter!!! Amazing. She said she's definitely requesting Lizzie in a few years because... "You can't break up the set!"



Emma's first day at Kindergarten was an hour-long orientation. She was bummed it didn't last longer, so I took the girls to Dupage Children's Museum. They had a great time learning, exploring, dancing, climbing, etc.
Lizzie was discovering her different parts of her shadow. So cool!


Here she gets to encase herself in a gigantic bubble!


I think Lizzie and I will be frequenting this museum this school year. She will be starting preschool at the high school at the end of the month...and can't wait! Every day she asks when it's her turn to go to school. Poor girl. I'm not in a hurry. Meanwhile, we'll keep playing memory, U-No, cleaning, doing puzzles, reading, and dancing to princess music.

No comments: