I hope everyone had a Happy Fourth of July...because we sure did. Lizzie and Emma were up early ready to dress in their patriotic clothes and get their hair done. (I love having girls!)
Lizzie posed and asked if she could get her picture taken to put on the blog. Here's her cute hair!
Steve, Braxton, and Evan participated in the flag raising ceremony.
Tug of war is always crazy and fun! This was YM v. YW!
Gunne Sac races are the best! I regret I didn't compete this year, but enjoyed watching the kids have fun. This picture features Evan (far left), Emma (2nd from left), and Lizzie (3rd from R).
After the breakfast, we headed over to Cantigny, a 500 acre park with gardens, museums, a tank park, and free entertainment. After a picnic lunch, we headed over to the magic show and blow up slides.
On the way home, we hit the swimming pool for an hour and then home to wash up and head over to our good friends' home for food, fun, and fireworks. What a spectacular day!
I know it's silly, but I love the food on the 4th. Hamburgers, watermelon, and anything with red, white and blue sprinkles. Mmmmm! My kids obviously love it, too. Here are my favorite shots from the pie eating contest.
(It's what the Founding Fathers would have wanted, right?!)


1 comment:
Too cute for words! Love the red, white and blue hair. :)
Post a Comment