Saturday, January 28, 2012

The New Year Celebration

I have been waiting for 2 months to hold this beautiful baby, "NBC". The drive was totally worth it!


Over New Year's Weekend, we drove to St. Louis to visit my sister and her family. Mandi gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl. She is so cute! I couldn't get enough of her. Another bonus was that my parents and my brother +family also got to be there! What a great way to start 2012!



Of course, we had to break in the hotel pool.

Uncle Ryan was such a good sport. He came up with a game where he would call out a name and throw the ball and that designated person had their turn to catch it as they were falling into the pool. They played this for over an HOUR!

"NBC"


Lizzie isn't quite up to the other kids' skill level when it comes to swimming, so she took a few breaks and had fun around the ledge and on the stairs. :)




My brother, Matt, had to show everyone up with his "moves like Jagger"



Maximillion! My sweet, all-boy nephew




Here's my dad bonding with NBC.




My dad always likes to give kids their first experiences. Despite me telling him any dairy products were bad for babies, he was the first one to put a drop of chocolate ice cream on their lips and laugh as they discover the bliss chocolate brings. :) Here he is dipping NBC in her first bout of chlorinated water.

The game continues...




That evening, Mandi's friends in her ward had a New Year's Eve party at the church with dancing, food, games, and a clock that said it was midnight at 8:00! We had our countdown, partied as much as Mormons do, cleaned up and were home/in our hotels at a decent hour! I may be bringing this to Naperville. Hmmmm. Brilliant.




In 1993, I learned how to do the pretzel, so I taught as many people as I knew. Mandi and Matt were two of my "students" who are so fun to help me remember that I can dance. ;)




Emma was amazing at musical chairs. She took 2nd, but made the champ work for it!




Limbo!


Celebrate!




Matt and his lovely wife, Becca. Aren't they a beautiful couple! ?



Emma couldn't get enough of her little cousins!



Carter was the cool big boy who all the little boys wanted to chase and hang out with.



My favorite picture of Mandi!




NBC was blessed in my mother's blessing dress. What a precious momento!






I cannot wait to hold this baby again!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I'm so glad that you guys were here. Nora was just telling me how she wants you to hod her again. Hopefully over spring break...