Scouts are crazy. Every year, a winter campout is planned and my boys have had the "privilege" of going on the Klondike Campout for the last four. I remember my brothers going and speaking favorably of it. Steve talks about it with excitement and a smile. Braxton and Evan do, too. Weird! I am so grateful that I can stay home, sleep in my warm bed, use my blessed indoor plumbing, and not shiver. I worry about them the entire time. It was REALLY cold at this last one.
Here are the brave souls (minus Steve).
Notice how dumb teenage boys are? Where are their coats?!!! Obviously their moms aren't with them.
No coat, no hat, no gloves, but Evan's got a smile! That must be some hot cocoa!
Although, I don't want to EVER do this, I am glad that my boys have found pleasure in it and look forward to the all-you-can-drink-hot chocolate and the games that test their survival skills and teamwork. Just another event to prove our family's motto for the year..."I can do hard things." I am so proud of them! But I have to give credit to Steve, who gets the boys excited, prepares the parents and boys for what is to come, and (shhhhhh-even though he doesn't like camping) does it with a smile because he knows what it can do for 12-13 year old boys. He's my hero!

1 comment:
Wish I could be there!
Post a Comment