Happy Halloween! What a great day! Each child got to parade around their schools and have fun with everyone dressed up. It's so fun to see all of the different costumes. I love the creative, surprising ones. Braxton was invited to trick-or-treat with a good friend of his, so that made his day. The other boys stuck together while Emma and her friend Megan trailed along. Lizzie was basically carried between houses, since her little legs don't run as fast as the big kids'. We LOVED trick-or-treating this year because it was so warm! We have never been able to go out without coats, hats, and gloves. What a treat for us!


The girls were so cute encouraging Lizzie to continue walking. She kept wanting to stop and eat the candy out of her pumpkin. Who doesn't?

Emma's preschool class after the parade.

The carved pumpkins. This was a feat. We did these for FHE the Monday prior to Halloween. Steve helped gut the pumpkins while the kids chose or drew what they wanted and I carved. From left to right, they are Evan's, Emma's, Carter's, and Braxton's. I saw a special on DIY saying that if you carve your pumpkins early, you can keep them looking good and mildew-free by keeping them hydrated, so I bathed these pumpkins in water 3 times last week trying to keep the battle ax from drooping and the skeleton's face from crumbling. It worked!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. Nice pumpkins! And I love how Emma in her preschool picture already has the princess stance down - what a girl!
Post a Comment