Monday, December 22, 2008

SNOW DAY!


What a weekend for Chicago weather! Well, last Thursday night, we received a freezing ice storm. In fact, this tree pictured above shows the ice. This picture was not taken in Naperville, but in Normal, IL, a few hours south of us; however, it shows the beauty and the results of our storm. Friday, school was cancelled. I was thrilled to be able to sleep in until 7:15 (after a 5:15 mass call from the school principal); however, the boys were disappointed. They knew they were missing a day full of fun, parties, friends, and not much work. Needless to say, they created their own fun in the backyard. For the first time, I was able to let the four oldest play on their own for over 15 minutes in the snow. In fact, they were out for 2 hours. Evan explained that it was so cold that he started getting a bloody nose, but it froze and stopped. That is pretty amazing stuff for a 9 year old boy.:)



Evan also discovered that the snow was so icy, that he could crawl across without leaving any impressions or fall through. I love discovering with Evan.





Emma had a blast making snow angels, sledding, throwing snowballs, and just walking around on the snow. I had to feature this picture because of her sitting stance. This is how I have sat on the floor my whole life (especially when I change diapers), and now I have a daughter sitting like me. It hurts my family and my husband to watch me sit like this, but it's so much more comfortable. I find it funny that Emma sits like me. I only hope she doesn't end up knock-kneed like her mother. Sorry, Emma!

Isn't Lizzie just adorable!? She's one of the cutest snow babies I've ever seen! She cried as I carried her back in the house, but her boots kept falling off and her toes were FREEZING!

The boys fought over who got to take Lizzie down on the sled for her first ride. Precious!


Braxton had the best aim for the snow balls, but was also the best companion for Lizzie down the hill in our backyard. He's my big, friendly giant.


1 comment:

Mandi said...

I'm glad that you're able to make the most of the snow and cold. It looks like fun!