Monday, December 8, 2008

WICKED


Months ago, Steve and I decided to take the boys to see Wicked before it leaves Chicago. It is one of their (as well as one of ours--who are we kidding) Christmas presents. We kept it a secret until we were passing by the Oriental Theater. Amazingly enough, they guessed the surprise in response to the question, "What is something you've been wanting to do in downtown Chicago for a very long time?" Yea! We had a marvelous day! The boys chose Potbelly's for lunch. We saw the windows at Macy's while being entertained by a terrific paint-bucket drum line. And then the finale...the play, "WICKED." I loved sneaking in glances at their faces during the impressive musical scenes and watching them figure out the connections to different parts of the Wizard of Oz storyline. This was my 4th time seeing this play, and I could see it four more times without tiring of it. I am so thankful for this marvelous day and I hope the boys remember it for a very long time--they'd better.




No comments: