Monday, January 12, 2009

Braxton's Birthday

Braxton turned 11 years old on Wednesday, January 7th. I just can't believe my baby is that old! He told me that this birthday was the best he's ever had. Well, it's because he's the easiest child to please that I've ever had. He chose chocolate chip pancakes with hot chocolate for breakfast, hardly had any homework, got a Dragonology book, Wizardology game, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling, and money. That afternoon, I had Emma help me hang up some streamers around the house. He thought that was just awesome! He couldn't stop thanking me for making his day so special. He got to go have baked spaghetti for dinner, go to BOY scouts for the first time and then have a chocolate cake with cookies & cream ice cream. It was simple, but perfect for him. He invited his 2 best friends to go to a Chicago Wolves game on Saturday. They had a great time watching the hockey game, even though the Wolves lost.

I am so proud of Braxton. He is such a hard worker. I love his laugh, his enthusiasm for life, his innocence, his strong spirit, his graciousness, and his desire to help others. He is a great big brother and a great example. I am so glad he's a part of our family. I am in awe at the growth he's made in so many different areas over the past year and look forward to what this next year will bring.

A few tidbits about Braxton: He loves to read, especially fantasy. His favorite dinner is spaghetti. He plays the piano and the cello. He is on a swim team. He enjoys scouts. He loves to draw and build models. He can swallow 10 vitamins at once. He wears a size 10 shoe!!! He is great at giving compliments and making others feel good. He is honest and pleasant.

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Happy Birthday to Braxton!

The Stradling Family said...

What a sweet kid. It's amazing how you are only 18 but still have an 11 year old.

Marie said...

Braxton just makes me happy every time I talk to him. He's such an upbeat kid. He's the kind of person that makes people feel good about themselves just being around him. What a glorious trait to have.