I love all of the funny things about my mom. She doesn't like peanut butter. She used to stick one of her teeth in her straw and drink through the impeded tube. She's highly competitive and hates to lose; thus, is not the biggest lover of games because she hates to risk losing.:) She is very fashion conscious. She used to vacuum just to make sure the lines in the carpet were visible. She can use the sound effect "tch, tch, tch" for just about anything. She rubs her feet against you no matter who you are. She gets excited over little things. She's so organized, her fridge has "aisles" on the shelves.
My mom was my greatest fan--and still is. She pumps me up every day. I am so grateful for her knowledge of cooking, cleaning, music, grammar, spelling, and how to run a family while juggling life. I appreciate her wisdom and experience. I love our relationship and how it's changed over the years.
Thanks, Mom for all you do and all you are. I can't express how much I love you! Today, I celebrate you!

5 comments:
Of course, you had to make yours longer than mine; you always have to be the best. That was the perfect tribute to her. I echo every sentiment. And nice use of the word impeded - your vocab is awesome!
You guys have FANTASTIC parents. I too, look up to them very much! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And, Kori, Shari has a link to her photography on my blog. She does great stuff. Between her work (Shari Kurtz, she's in the new 5th ward) and my dear friend Kari Bates' stuff, we have lots of neat neat pics of our family!
Hey Mandi, that's what the oldest daughter is supposed to do!!! :) I got teary eyed reading that Kori. What a nice post and I love your mom too. I LOVE chatting with your parents when they come up for our family events (missionary, weddings, etc.). They're such great people.
Kori what a beautiful tribute to your mom. She is a wonderful lady! She always has a kind word and a smile. I love looking at your blog.
Happy birthday Marie! That was very touching, Kori. Well I know what amazing children your MOM and Dad raised so I agree she is pretty awesome! That's great your relationship has flourished even though you live so far apart.
Post a Comment