Monday, September 14, 2009

Lizzie's Birthday

"I'm 2!"
My Lizzie is now an official two-year old. Her birthday was August 31st; however, we celebrated it after her grandma's and grandpa's and aunts and uncles could come over to party with us. That was the best gift in itself! She loves life, loves her family, and loves attention! Every night as we kneel in family prayer, Lizzie bounces around and hugs each person in the circle while the prayer is said. She's very compassionate and sweet. She is also talking up a storm! I love listening to her language explode right now. It's really an amazing thing to experience. She's strong and agile, a great climber, and adventurous (except with animals--total scaredy-cat!). She has a terrific laugh and a piercing scream. She's my pickiest eater, but is the best at saying thanks after anything I do for her. She's got all of the boys (including Steve) wrapped around her finger. Nearly every day, after getting ready, she runs to "show Dad" her pretty hair and outfit and models it for him. Steve's going to miss that when that stage leaves!

Lizzie loves cake and ice cream, but s'mores is also a favorite! Marshmallows, chocolate, and cracker were 3 of her first words! So the combination is always a hit! Plus, we have had so much fun talking and singing around the campfire this year! She's perfected the sneaking-of-the-chocolate-while-mom's-not-looking trick! But when she gives me that big chocolate drool smile, I can't help but laugh and let her eat it!
This is Lizzie at her "safe" distance. Not much cooking getting done, but she's doing it herself!

Lizzie adores her big sister and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. She loves everything Emma loves. So for her birthday, it was filled with Tinkerbell, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, and Fancy Nancy. She's our little princess!

No comments: