Saturday, November 14th, I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend, Kelle Stradling. She had previously given birth to a beautiful baby girl, Alyssa Elaine. Alyssa slept the entire time giving all of us who attended some quiet cherished socializing time mingled with sweet treats... a perfect evening. :)
The theme of the night was "Blueberry", since Alyssa's older brother, Grant, had chosen that for her name months before she was born. I thought that was just too cute and precious, so I based the colors, invitations, and even the gift off of her nickname. It turned out beautifully. Here's the dessert table. I am so grateful to my friends, Crystal Barlow, Renee Leighner, and Camille Pocock for donating food to the event. None of them could make it, which was so sad, but their goodies were appreciated. On my counter, I had a fruit platter, pretzels, crackers, cookies, etc. with a chocolate fountain. Chocolate fountains are instant deliciousness and fun.
Below are the Red Velvet Cake Balls that I made. These were a major stress as I dipped chocolates for the first time EVER. They turned out quite nicely and were delicious. This was the only dessert totally gone by the end of the night! I'm definitely making these again.
Here's sweet Alyssa in all of her seriousness. She cracks me up how she always has her eyebrows pursed in the middle. She is studying all that is going on around her. She is lying on the blanket Jennifer Braithwaite and I made for her. I entitled it "Blueberry", of course. It turned out so cute! As silly as it is, I'm quite pleased with myself for how well it turned out. I'm also deeply humbled and grateful to Jennifer for her expertise and help.
1 comment:
Thanks again for all that you did. It was wonderful. Alyssa sleeps with her "Blueberry" quilt every night. :)
Post a Comment