Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bass Pro Shops for Santa!

This year a friend of mine suggested I take the kids to Bass Pro Shops to see Santa. I am so glad that I did! They had a great time! First of all, this was our first time in the store, and it's "ginormous." The kids loved looking at the deer on the wall and the staged stuffed animals staged in scenes around the store. They had RC monster trucks that the kids could play with, free fudge samples in 3 different flavors, and shooting games.


This store also had toys we had never seen that would make my friends from Elko proud.
This Santa was the best I had EVER seen. He was so sweet! Lizzie still did not want anything to do with him, but she let Braxton hold her for a picture (which was also free, by the way).
Carter, above, loved the hunting games.

Sweet Braxton was trying to help teach Emma how to be Annie Oakley.
The girls loved writing notes to Santa and mailing them in the special mailbox.
This was one of the stuffed reindeer. Emma was brave enough to touch him, but preferred to just look and get her picture taken.

We very rarely take the kids out to restaurants or even fast food places. So, when I threw out the idea of going to get a milkshake, they were as excited about that as they were about Santa! I had a buy one get one free coupon for a white chocolate peppermint milkshake. The kids had seen the ad earlier and drooled over it. I broke down and decided to take them. They had a blast! I got major points for that little splurge. I do have to mention that Lizzie was the only one who complained about having to share.

2 comments:

rad6 said...

cute pictures...
cute kids.
love ya.

camille said...

I'm so glad you guys went! Next time, you should splurge and eat at the restaurant in Bass Pro. It is pretty good and the free kids meals make it even better! :)