One of my favorite things during Christmas time is the music. I got to sing with my Friends in Harmony group again. It truly is a blessing to bring the spirit of Christmas to our community (especially those who live in assisted living centers). I love singing and dancing with such talented ladies.

I love hearing my children sing, too. Evan and Emma both performed in "holiday" concerts for me. My favorite song that Evan sung was "Hot Cup of Cocoa." Darling (See video at the end of the post.) He's got quite a set of pipes on him. He also loves to sing harmony, and I could pick his voice out of the entire choir! I think we'll work on blending next. :)
At Emma's preschool, they always find ways to combine holiday lyrics into nursery rhyme tunes. It makes me smile at their creativity. This year she sang "Mary had a baby boy, baby, boy, baby boy. Mary had a baby boy on Christmas day." This was to the tune of Mary had a little lamb. I think there were 8 verses! She, too, loves to sing!My whole family got to perform at our ward Christmas party. The theme was "Christmas around the world" and so from Tahiti, the girls and I danced a hula number with some other ladies in the ward. We had fun and did a fine job, but I am thrilled the cute little girls in the front took a lot of the attention off of us women. Steve sang an African Christmas carol in a mens quartet, who are amazing!!! The kids also sang a few songs. I love ward Christmas parties--especially when I'm not in charge!! What a relief this year!
This was our first encounter with one of Santa's helpers for the year. Everyone was excited to share their heart's desires--except for Lizzie. She said she was going to give him a hug and tell him she wanted Tinkerbell, but as soon as she saw him, she couldn't get far enough away. She must be 2 years old.
Here's Evan and his school choir singing "Hot Cup of Cocoa." (I will warn it takes a bit to "buffer.")
2 comments:
That is a cute song! What a great director! Our choir lacks! Happy New Year!
I was so sorry to hear about your finger! You are truly amazing to still do the things you did! We'll have to join you at the Bass Pro Shop next year!
Post a Comment