Monday, March 22, 2010

Good riddance

Lizzie is now officially potty-trained. I can't believe that I am done with diapers. Oh, what will I devote that budgeted money to now? Hmmmm. I had tried twice before, but gave up because I HATE potty-training. It's gross, stressful, frustrating, and a power struggle. This time, we finally figured out what worked for Lizzie. In February, I was trying to reward her with Valentine hearts. Apparently, Sweethearts are not good enough for my Lizzie. We discovered Hershey Kisses to do the job. I bought a few bags on sale after Valentine's Day in different flavors. Did you know they make a Butter cream Kiss? Well, she loved picking out the color of the wrapper (pink-Raspberry Chocolate, purple-Dark Chocolate, yellow-butter cream, Red-caramel Kisses) after she'd performed successfully. I am so proud of her and must have told her numerous times because now she keeps confirming it, "My family is so proud of me, right?" "Yes," I always reply. She likes to name every member of the family who is proud of her and have me agree. What a girl. Plus, I will never tire seeing that cute bum covered in Tinkerbell undies. She's such a cutie!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

She can add Aunt Mandi to the list of family members who are proud of her if she hasn't already. Way to go Lizzie! Good job holding out for the chocolate-just like her mom.

Amy said...

YAY! It is such a great feeling to be done with diapers. Daniel still hast hem at night because he drinks so much liquid during the day for hydration, but budget is definately a little more freed up! CONGRATS!

The Nisbets said...

HOORAY for no more diapers!!!!! Congrats!