We had a "spectacular" 4th of July!
It started with a church activity filled with a flag ceremony
A continental breakfast outside--so fun and easy to clean.:)
(Can you tell who is my most competitive child?Hmmm)
Evan and Emma actually slowed down for the picture.
He had been working on the beard since scout camp, and looked quite good, I must say.
I just didn't like to kiss it.;)
Lizzie attempted to compete in the bubble-gum-bubble-blowing contest.
Our Bishop actually won the water-balloon toss.
Tug-of-war was evenly matched with men vs. everyone else.
Steve ran the gunne sac races
I love Emma's hair in this one!
Lizzie and I were chanting, "Hop! Hop! Hop!"
That evening, we had Ryan, Julene, Lorilyn, and Ryan's parents over for dinner. Steve is trying to break in his new Bradley digitial smoker. MMMMMMmmmmm! They had to leave to get Lorilyn home, but Lori (Ryan's mom) got all of my kids a goody bag with pop-its, bubbles, airplanes, and sparklers and my kids couldn't rest until we had played with everything. As night set in, we stayed outside and did sparklers. I love sparklers! I love watching kids play with sparklers! I love the light in their eyes and on their faces.
While out, the boys also caught their fair share of fireflies. They are the coolest bug--just ugly when not lit up.
Emma caught a wee nap between church and our party of friends.
Three families whom we adore came over for dinner. It was quite the feast. Steve smoked ribs, pork, brisket, and sausages. They brought sides and dessert galore! We even had homemade root beer! Doesn't get much more American than that! Wow! We were all eating under the idea by comic, Jim Gaffigan. We don't normally eat all of this food, but it's what the founding fathers would have wanted. :) Of course, the rain washed us inside so that we could carry on all of our conversations and kids playtime. Carter and his friend, Christian, decided to stick it out and were drenched! They were not about to let rain ruin their time outside. I was so busy gabbing that no pictures were taken that evening.
Monday, Steve surprised all of us and took us to the Kane County Cougars game! All tickets were $5! We had a great time. They won 11-5. We got to see fireworks twice (after the star-spangled banner and after a homerun)!
Monday, Steve surprised all of us and took us to the Kane County Cougars game! All tickets were $5! We had a great time. They won 11-5. We got to see fireworks twice (after the star-spangled banner and after a homerun)!
4 comments:
Awesome! Great activities and lots of fun memories created together as a family! Thanks for posting!
Awesome! Great activities and lots of fun memories created together as a family! Thanks for posting!
So adorable. I miss having 4th of July and any holiday with you and your family.
Hi Kori... you won our $50 gift card giveaway, but never replied to my email. Stop on by the website to claim your award!
Mindy
Adopt a 'Do - Cute Girls Hairstyles
http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com
Post a Comment