Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twinners

It happened to be a typical Sunday morning...I'm rushing around trying to get things ready for Primary, the kids are playing (or fighting), and time to get ready for church creeps up. Did I mention I really dislike 1:00pm church? My sweet Lizzie decided to let Mr. Hyde come out when she discovered that she could not match her sister's dress. Oh, heavens! She let out her inner tiger. Because my girls dress mainly in hand-me-downs (thank you to all my great friends and neighbors), we don't have any matching dresses, so we are resorting to general color schemes. I was able to talk her into a skirt with a flower, since Emma was wearing a pink floral skirt. It didn't make her happy, but she stopped collapsing to the floor every time I put another dress over her head. That was it. I decided to make matching skirts for the girls. My ever-so-talented cousin, Stephanie J., keeps sewing her girls full outfits that are DARLING! Taking my inspiration from her, I sifted through tons of simple instructions on different blogs and found one I liked that was at my beginning level. I'm quite pleased with myself.

You can tell how cute Emma feels in her skirt.
This is more like the Sunday morning I was hoping for.

We had so much fun that I decided to do it for the 4th of July! Granted, I finished them at 1:00am due to a major malfunction of my machine, but they got done and looked too cute!


I love dressing these little girls!

4 comments:

Flash Jorgensen said...

Oh my, those are DARLING!!! Okay, so what pattern did you find??? I want it!!! I love them. The 4th of July skirts... PERFECT!!! You did better than me this year. Last year I made their outfits for our annual trip up to Park City, this year they had to wear store bought (as if) but of course they matched!!! Nothing better than having TWO girls!!! Boys just don't get into the matching thing as much. To my defense I did make amazing 4th of July cupcakes (I'll send you the recipe cause there's nothing better!!!) You're a doll.

Amy said...

CUTE SKIRTS! Those turned out so good! And the girls look adorable! I was reading your other entry on how big Braxton is....WOW! I can't wait to see how big he is when he stops growing....IF he stops growing! Good thing there is he doesn't wear anything out....he can hand down clothes to brothers! :-) WOW!

Steph & Wade said...

Yes, sign me up for the pattern too! You did a great job! You are amazing Kori!

Steph & Wade said...

It helps that your girls are so beautiful too! :)