
At the beginning of summer, all of the major Chicago museums host "community days" aka free days. If you can handle the crowds, this is a great deal. The Shedd is always the most popular. For once, we were lucky to have a stroller so that our wait to get INTO the building was only 20 minutes. By the time we left, it was a 2 hour wait. Plus, to see the dolphins, penguins, whales, and the rest of the cool stuff, you have to pay $20/person. Unbelievable! We saw what was offered in about 2 hours, and then enjoyed a picnic lunch at the edge of Lake Michigan. It was a beautiful view!


Waiting to get inside...
I'm realizing that my children are changing and growing--even when I don't want them to. I have had their pictures taken for Father's Day for the last few years, but decided to do it myself this year.

EVAN

CARTER

EMMA

LIZZIE

BRAXTON
I do have to mention that Braxton is growing so fast that he makes the other kids look small in comparison. His voice is trying to figure out where it's going to end up. I had to buy him size 12 shoes last week, and he's about 5'7"!!!
On our way to the parking garage, we found this cute little park and had to explore it for a bit until the rain started and we had to go home.


This hill was going un-used. Carter decided to put an end to that and the rest followed.
1 comment:
I remember what they looked like (Lizzy wasn't around yet) at Becca and Matt's wedding....they look like different people. Dare I say starting look like tweens!
Post a Comment