Our last big pack meeting before the summer break was the RAINGUTTER REGATTA! What a blast. I do have to give a shout-out to my terrific husband, who cut 2 boats to make them into more stable catamarans and helped the boys build them. I'm so glad it wasn't ME working on them between 10pm and 1am. Thank you very much!

Evan was bound and determined to make his last showing, one of consequence. He'd talked about a technique that he was sure was going to impress.

Carter just wanted to compete.
And when it came time to race his brother,
the whole room could feel the tension and anticipation.

Evan won!

Look how cute they are giving high fives.
I was proud of both of them and their good sportsmanship.
They were living what they'd been learning.

Not only did Evan beat Carter, but he won the whole tournament!
HE was pretty proud of himself--
attributes it all to his superior lung capacity due to swimming.

Carter had a "rockin" good time!
1 comment:
How fun! Your kids are getting so big. Evan looks like a teenager!
Post a Comment