Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 5: DC

Eat...in the shadows of past presidents at Chili Bowl
Pray...we survive the heat and the kids behave at Arlington Cemetery
Love...seeing stuff we've only read about in books and seen on TV!
Arlington

Eternal Flame


Changing on the guard



2 cuties




Visiting the Challenger memorial and Steve telling the story. Where were you? I was in school watching it on a TV that had been brought into the classroom.

The Capitol


The back of the White House


As close as we could get to the front of the White House. We were literally in the "dug out" of a baseball game getting our picture taken. We had walked by rows and rows of barricades and people trying to get a peek at the President and his family. I could see Michelle Obama's shirt (bright turquoise), but that was it. Pretty exciting.

2 comments:

Jenny Smith said...

I am enjoying reading about your trip, making a list of the places I want to visit!

Carolyn said...

I wish I had been in town, I would have had you out for dinner or at least brought you lemonade or popcicles