Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Steve's 40 and feeling it!


Steve turned 40 on December 3rd. He did not really want any kind of celebration. We assigned the cruise as his big gift and party, but the kids had to do something. I made a very poor batch of BYU mint brownies and had plain vanilla ice cream, so he didn't feel too special. :) The girls made up for it, though, by making up songs for him and giving him kisses.
They've got him wrapped around their little fingers, if you can't tell.
If you look at the reactions of my parents and Carter, Emma's original songs had us in stitches. I think it spoke of how when he gets old and dies, she'll take care of her mom for him. Nice. Nothing like a little salt in the wound.

Carter wouldn't give Dad a kiss on the cheek like the girls, this was as close as he got. He knows Dad has a way of tickling relentlessly when you get close for a kiss. (I'm the only one exempt from those surprises.)

Lizzie has a thing for kissing her Dad on his nose. I hope she never grows out of it. :)
I am grateful to be married to this man, even if he is forty. He claims his body feels older than forty, but he still looks good to me. :) I'm proud of all he does for our family. He's a terrific husband and father. I love you Steve!

No comments: