Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cruisin' through November

Yes, it's true. We went on another cruise. I can't believe it either. I am still feeling guilty about it, but Steve says it's now a sunk cost and I can't worry about things I can't change. I did have a good time, though. :) Our friends decided to move to Arizona (and are probably happy right now based on our weather), but to have one last hurrah, invited a group of us to go on a cruise to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Isla Roatan, and Belize. Because my selfless mother said yes to babysitting AGAIN, we were on a plane headed for Florida on November 20th.
Shane kept us on our toes.

I loved not making my bed for 7 days, coming to my room and finding chocolate and towel art every evening. Luxury!

I love Formal Night. I get to walk around with this handsome man, who makes me feel beautiful!

This was my favorite excursion...Swimming with the stingrays and snorkeling off of Grand Cayman. The stingrays were a lot more friendly than I was expecting, but an experience I will never forget. My boys would L-O-V-E it!


At Isla Roatan, we docked during a storm. It rained the entire day and night. Most excursions were cancelled, but we still made the most of it by checking out the shops, being sober and crazy, and hanging out by the beach.

Steve and I in front of our Carnival boat at Cozumel.
Steve has a history with the movie, "The Three Amigos." He can quote it from beginning to end and has performed "My Little Buttercup" more than once. He and his business partner have even address letters to each other's call names (Dusty Bottoms). We had to laugh when we saw this bar/restaurant! Definitely a site worth remembering.

After snorkeling around Cozumel, we were taken to this private beach with kayaks, slides, obstacles courses, etc. It was a blast! Again, my kids would have LOVED it!

Our friends...enjoying their cruise. Hee! Hee!:)

We had a friendly game of bean bag toss. The men eventually turned it into an extreme game where they were tossing it under legs, behind the backs, upside down. While playing, we spotted a whale swimming alongside us, which was very exciting!
Overall, we had a great time. The guys became stars in the karaoke room. And we dominated the dance floor. I loved having time to talk to Steve, catch up on sleep, eat hot molten chocolate cake every evening, have once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, and do it with great friends we adore.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

It looks like you had a great time!