Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Primary Sacrament Meeting Program

Sunday, October 24th was our ward's Primary Sacrament Meeting Program. It has always been my favorite church meeting of the year. I am the Primary President, so it still is my favorite program to watch and listen to, but this year was more stressful than past years. Instead of worrying about my own children and their speaking or singing parts, I worried about all 56 children and their parts. Of course, it was wonderful. The children were well behaved, they sang beautifully, they all delivered their speaking parts well. We have a deaf couple with a hearing son in primary, so our children learned sign language to 2 songs. I don't know what it is, but it is powerful watching them sing and sign. We actually had 11 different people signing different portions of the sacrament meeting for this family. What a testament to serving others. I am so humbled by the willingness of the members of our ward to learn sign and help our friends "hear" and understand the messages that were prepared. As the main interpreter and ASL coordinator, I appreciate their time and efforts. It's not easy--especially with children who have memorized their parts because they speak so quickly! To commemorate this big day for our little family, I grabbed my camera and took them outside for a quick picture. What a sharp lookin' bunch! I love these kids!










I am so grateful to be in Primary. My to-do list continues to grow and there is never enough time to do all I want, but I love being with these strong kids. I love teaching the simple truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ and bearing testimony. I love getting to know each child and watching them learn and grow. I love the ladies I serve with. They are outstanding women. I have enjoyed listening to and teaching the lessons based on the theme "I Know My Savior Lives." I do know He lives and loves each one of us. I can see His hand in my life and am grateful to know He will continue to guide me.

No comments: