Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Happenings

This is the face of Halloween for me this year. It was a little scary how Evan really tried to play the part of Gene Simmons. Who knew his tongue was so long and skinny?
Braxton, the Pirate


Emma, the butterfly
Oh, I wish you could see her pink cheeks covered in glitter!

Lizzie, Fancy Nancy


Carter -the rock star, of course



Steve-Alice Cooper


Me- Brett Michaels



The Ultimate Band
(I think you can see Evan's tonsils!)


Lizzie got to have a parade at school and enjoyed every minute she got to perform.

She goes to a preschool held at the local high school, which is why the teacher/student ratio is so high.


I decided to have some fun with food and made a Halloweenie dinner. :)
Mummies
and
Jack-o-lanterns


The kids thought I was "amazing" and "unbelievable" with these 2 dishes.

This year I didn't sew a costume, so I had to put my creativity elsewhere, like the food pictured above, and my darling daughters' hair.
We got comments all over town. Emma has eyeball rings in her hair and Lizzie has spider rings in hers. Too cute!


The next day, Kendall Elementary held their parade and fall parties. I even got to help out in Evan's class.
I love Emma's face here. She is so excited for kindergarten each day!


Saturday night was our annual ward Trunk or Treat.
Here's Emma with our sweet neighbor, Sydney.

Evan and that tongue are capping off my Halloween pictures. Sunday, we were invited to party at a friend's home in lieu of trick-or-treating. Three other families were also invited. We had a "gross out dinner"! What a blast! The food was delicious, decorations entrancing, and company priceless. What a great Halloween. Now if I can get myself to stop stealing from the candy bowl, I'd be happier.