Fall is my favorite season in Chicago. It's unbelievable gorgeous. This fall has not failed me. My kids had a 1/2 day off of school in October, so I planned on taking them to a pumpkin farm. It rained the entire morning and I didn't know if it'd work out, but Carter was really counting on it. It turned out beautifully. No one was there, which meant no waiting in lines. Perfect for my kids who have 3 second attention spans. I don't know how much longer my boys will allow me to drag them to pumpkin farms, but I sure appreciate their enthusiasm, even when it's to watch their sisters enjoy the attractions.



Carter continues his theory that he's a chick magnet.
This joke will never get old.
The boys make me giggle every time they say it.
Evan was so sweet trying to help Lizzie touch a chick.
At the very end of our stay she finally caught one. Sweet success!

Lizzie is nearly terrified of all animals. I was shocked she got so close to this goat.

She was such a hoot! Here she's singing her made up song,
"I'm goin' on a hayride. I'm goin' on my first hayride."
It's much better with her hips a-shakin'.

Sweet Emma.

We passed this sign on our hayride. I laughed out loud. Who thinks of this stuff?

Lizzie LOVED the slides.


But so did the rest of my kids.


The boys complained that this was the easiest corn maze EVER, but the girls didn't mind.

Upon my announcement that it was time for all Bird children to leave, this donkey brayed and brayed and brayed. Carter answered in donkey-speak and the donkey continued to talk back. They had quite the exchange and created a scene for the other 3 families to gather around and watch. Carter thought he was pretty special to have the animals wanting him to stick around longer.

Apple Cider donuts and Hot apple cider are an imperative at every pumpkin patch outing.

Upon hearing that we would not be buying our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, Braxton asked, "Then what are we doing here?" Good question, but we only went for the fun. The pumpkins are WAY TOO expensive. They sure do make a fun backdrop for a few photos, though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment