Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rapunzel Party Prep



Lizzie turned 4 years old. I can't believe it either. She wanted to have a party, so we discussed our options and came up with a Tangled Rapunzel party. Oh, the fun we had! It was really fun to have her involved in so much of the prep work. She helped me braid and glue the invitations, prepare decorations, and cheer me on with the cake.

Here she is on her official day.




Lizzie requested donuts for breakfast, Burger King for lunch, and barbecue chicken for dinner (with our homegrown spaghetti squash, I have to add). We still had to have a treat even though her cake would be made 2 days later, so we whipped up strawberry cookies with mini chocolate chips. Mmmmm!




Her goodie bags for her friends were these cute Rapunzel sandwich containers and waterbottles with Rapunzel paints.





Here is the dress I made for the big day. Of course, she does not want to be Rapunzel for Halloween. That would be silly--and way too convenient for Mom.





Here is her hair filled with flowers for her party.





Emma had to be decorated as well.





The cake! What a challenge to keep it from falling over! But I'm so happy with how it turned out in the end! And it still tasted delicious!





Here are orange "boats" on the blue jello "water." These were a HIT!





My "Pin the frying pan on Flynn" poster. Yes, I drew this! I impressed myself. Even Evan gave me a compliment!





Here's the front door welcoming the party!





A banner with the castle's print!



Below is a tradition I have of putting out baby pictures of the birthday child on our buffet. I found this cute Pascal oragami printable and had to include him somewhere! With all this in place we were finally ready to p-a-r-t-y!





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marie said...

Absolutely amazing!!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to go to the party!!! And the dress turned out great!! High fives to you Kori!