Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tangled up in Birthday fun!

So, here is the report on the actual Party! Lizzie was very particular in what games to play.

Freeze dance is one of her all-time favorites.

We also played a game of Musical Chairs to the Tangled soundtrack.


Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider was a hit (no pun intended, but I amaze myself)! Lizzie loved the poster of him and won't let me take it down. It is still up 1 month later! I have to admit, I'm a sucker for his smoulder. How ridiculous is that?! He's a cartoon, for crying out loud! Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks that bad boy is adorable. :)



Emma was having a blast! She was also a big help for Find Flynn's Satchel aka "Boolah, Boolah" where we hid Flynn's "satchel" and sang a tune louder or softer (hot & cold) to help the designated finder discover the satchel (which really did have a crown inside!).


Lizzie requested the boys to serve her party guests. Carter took it to the next level and wore his tuxedo & cumberbun! Notice, we served grapes in frying pans? :) We had so much fun!




Consequences of blue jello!


Birthday Bingo!



Makin' a wish and hoping it comes true!


Lizzie got to go through the spanking machine 4 times this year!

Everyone was laughing so hard, we made her pass through one last time ("and one to grow on").


The day of the party, I was racking my brain thinking of how I could encorporate the floating lantern portion of the movie. With a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds, I didn't want to be dealing with real flames and floating lanterns, especially since I was the only adult. So, I came up with balloons! Each party-er got a balloon and got to let it go all together. It was really fun & beautiful.







While the girls waited for their moms and dads, we had sidewalk chalk to create sidewalk art like Rapunzel does at the festival


Phew! What a fun day! I think I had as much fun as Lizzie did! I'm so grateful for creative people on the internet (www.supermommoments.com) who make my life easier and help me get my own creative juices flowing!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt and Becca said...

Wow, what a party!!! I'm taking notes for the future. Those games sound so fun. And thanks for sharing the website; my brain still hasn't recovered creativity since those months of sleep deprivation!