Monday, November 28, 2011

Locks of Love

Emma did it! She donated 12 inches of her hair to Locks of Love.
For months, she has known that she was going to be Rapunzel for Halloween and then she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love. She was a little disappointed when I wasn't prepared to take her Tuesday, November 1st to get it cut. I made her wait until Friday.

She was SO excited! My mom was devastated, since Emma's hair is one of her defining features. I was anxious not knowing if she was going to be happy after she cut it. She never regretted her decision for one second.

Lizzie was going to try to donate her hair as well, but it was one inch too short. The hairstylist felt that the remaining hair would not be long enough to make her look cute and girly. Lizzie will wait and get her own special day to donate hers in a few months. This news was supposed to help her feel better, but the tears never stopped. I was grateful Grandma was there to comfort Lizzie, since she needed someone to herself.

Here's Emma with the final product! She looks darling! In fact, Carter's teacher has a daughter who did the exact thing--was Rapunzel for Halloween then donated her hair the next day. In talking with her, she said she feels Emma's new hairstyle actually fits her bubbly personality better. Probably true. It's definitely easier to take care of, but I miss the styles that I now cannot do on her hair. Oh, well. Emma is so happy and can hardly keep her hands out of it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

Too cute.

Matt and Becca said...

What a great act of service to be proud of, esp so young! Emma looks beautiful and we are so proud of her! Her hair looks gorgeous long or short, lucky girl!