The weekend before Valentine's Day was momentous for me. Braxton went to his first dance and Evan went to a "hang-out" at a girl's house. They each had a great time! Both came home all smiles. Below is a sneaky picture taken on the homeowner's phone. Evan dressed up for the occasion and wore a button up shirt! I was so proud of him! He cares!
Braxton and a friend from his childhood, whom he recently got reacquainted with, went to the dance together. I had to get a picture to capture this "1st." He's a good sport to put up with me. I was also trying to give him dancing tips. Laugh if you want. We couldn't stop laughing at ourselves as we revisited the scene in "Hitch" where he tries to tell Kevin James' character where to "live" and not to "make the pizza" or do the "q-tip." That is honestly one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.
I kind of went all out for Valentine's Day. We decorated numerous rooms, had more treats than we should have, and because of my new vice, "Pinterest", my hubby and children got cheesy Love Notes with treats for a week. Of course, I had to make my girls' hair reflect our enthusiasm for this time set aside to show our love.
Look closely...Lizzie has an X and O in her hair.
Mmmmmm
Valentine's Dinner..."Hearty" Lasagna (notice the heart shape in the middle of the cheese?), Italian bread, and salad, Fruity punch, and frozen strawberry heart-shaped ice cubes by candlelight.
For our entertainment, we got to go to 2 concerts put on by the vocal choirs at Crone Middle School. Evan had the solo of the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz.
Braxton and his low bass voice sounded great singing O-EE-O an octave lower than anyone else.
We topped off the evening with red-velvet sandwich cookies and mini cakes.
My sweet husband got me flowers the Saturday before so that I could enjoy them through the entire week. Gorgeous! He also got a dozen for his mom--another gesture that I love him more for.

1 comment:
Those are some mighty adorable valentines.
Post a Comment