Carter, the champion.
This was Carter's time in his swimming career. He is 10 years old, at the top of his age group, and has 4 years of experience. At Regionals, Carter was able to reach qualifying times for the state championship meet in the 50 and 100 Breast, 50 and 100 Back, and made the 2 relay teams, where he swam Freestyle!
The picture above is one of my favorites! Carter has really learned to be a team-player and cheers all of his friends/teammates on--even if it's his little sister!
Breast
Back
Here he is after his relay team placed! He did fantastic and even got out of school early and missed ISAT testing for this! Totally worth it!
The Regionals meet was where he was made to feel like a star. He got to go to the podium and have his name called and picture taken multiple times. He even got 2 flowers for placing 1st and 3rd!
Butterfly-not his best, but 100% better than his mother!
Carter received 3rd in the 100 Breast.
I am so proud of him! He has done amazingly well and has learned a ton about himself, motivation, teamwork, and perseverance. The State Championship meet was held in downtown Chicago at the University of Illinois, Chicago and is called "JOs" which is short for Junior Olympics. Who would have ever thought one of my kids would ever be able to go this far in a sport? I will admit that I'm looking forward to a few weeks without 2 hour practices 5 days a week. (sigh) He is excited as well to have a few playdates (I mean, hang-outs) and the ability to have dinner with the family. All until summer swim team starts in May...
1 comment:
I love that kid!!! He's so awesome.
Post a Comment