The 2 days before school started, we crammed as much in as we could...
Homemade snow cones. (Yum!)
A fun Back To School Dinner outside on the deck,
Banana Boats,
And camping in the backyard. Lizzie crashed on the couch during Father's blessings. The quiet and peaceful feeling in the house must have taken over her. :)
The next morning, we got up and went bowling. Since Bolingbrook was already in school, we had the whole place to ourselves!
Then we went straight over to Grandma and Grandpa's apartment complex pool (since Centennial Beach was closed already). The kids had a great time this summer meeting new (and old) friends and hanging out. This was a great amenity for us this summer as my kids are much more "fish" than "birds"!
Even LIZZIE! Look at her go!
Emma seemed to make friends with the boys who were always doing tricks--like jumping over tubes.
Lizzie improved on her cannonball skills. Doesn't this picture put a smile on your face?!
That was followed by going out to lunch with Dad and then it was a few quick errands before practice and preparing backpacks for the next morning.
Braxton's first day of High School. Unbelievable!
Evan was totally ready and much more relaxed than last year.
The girls totally embarrassed him as they blew kisses and yelled out how much they would miss him and love him.
| My elementary school walkers + our neighbor, Sydney. |
Emma has Mrs. Sharpe, who was actually Braxton's 2nd grade teacher! She was known as Miss Bodie back then, though! She's expecting baby #2 soon, so we'll have to see who else Emma will break in. :)
Carter was thrilled to be reunited with all of his friends again. This young man is happiest when surrounded by people. Carter is so funny. He has assigned nick names to each and every one of his classmates. It started with a cute girl that was being teased for being short. He defended her by saying, "She's not short; she's fun-sized!" That has led to Mini, Pinky, Bite-size, Zoch, etc.
Carter has Mrs. Vasquez, who was Evan's 4th grade teacher. I'm sure it'll be interesting for her to see the similarities and differences these sons of mine have. Best of luck to her!
Lizzie got a new teacher to the school--Mrs. Gresk. I absolutely LOVE her. Lizzie only had a 1 hour orientation this day, so we filled it with things of her choice:
Baking cookies & doing puzzles while they are in the oven,
And Having a big playdate with her 2 closest friends.
At our Back to School dinner, I introduced our family's theme for the year, which is:
I have framed this and have it next to our front door. Often, I say it to the kids as they are leaving the house. As Steve and I took the kids out on their dates this year, we had all of them talk about their goals for this year, their fears, what they're excited about, etc. Our older ones had some lofty things they wanted to accomplish and some valid anxieties. So, I felt very impressed that this is what I wanted us to focus on. I have to admit, I think I am using this modified scripture more than my kids, but that's OK.





No comments:
Post a Comment