March 1st came in with snow. Since it had been so sporadic, we capitalized on it and I took the 4 youngest sledding while Braxton had rehearsal. They had a blast! I can't get over how cute they are bundled up with red cheeks & noses.
Of course, we celebrated Pie Day (3/14) with a simple chocolate pudding pie. Mmmm!
Emma had a birthday!!!
She asked her grandparents for a One Direction shirt, Ken Barbie (so that we have enough boyfriends for the girl barbies), and a manicure/pedicure. They all came through for her.
She also got a baptism dress in preparation for her big day.
Of course you can't have a birthday without the spanking machine!
 |
| Emma asked for funfetti cake balls and ice cream. |
Emma's luck seems to follow her as she has had spring break fall on her birthday again. Per her request, we traveled to the Mall of America in Minnesota to have a little getaway.
 |
| Braxton loved the Lego store and its display. Who doesn't? |
 |
| Emma and Lizzie went goo-goo over the One Direction store! |
Then...the big reveal. I had to wait until I was 12 to get my ears pierced, but I've caved and told my girls if they were responsible, they could pierce their ears at 8 years old. So...
 |
| Here she is "whole", pre-piercing |
 |
| Immediate reaction after... |
 |
| Now she's all smiles once she saw the beautiful sparkle. |
 |
| Can't pass up a chance to browse the American Girl store. |
 |
| Seriously? A poster that says Carter, the Great! |
Tuesday we spent at the amusement park INSIDE the Mall of America. With it being winter temperatures outside still, this was a fantastic day filled with fun. All the kids had a blast! Lizzie was in her element being "brave".
 |
| I loved being her "buddy" on a few rides that required a chaperone. |
 |
| Steve and I didn't get passes, so it was quite surreal sending the kids off to go on rides while we hung back and watched them take off and return. They're getting so big! |
 |
| The Ninja Turtle ride was one of the favorites. Lizzie was disappointed she wasn't tall enough, especially after all the kids talked about how "awesome" it was. |
 |
What a happy day!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment