Evan's new school is Taylorview Junior High and has a wolverine for its mascot.
Carter will be my favorite Otter (summer swim team mascot)
Braxton is now cheering for the Idaho Falls High School Tigers.
But we all LOVE the Cougars!
My dad was patient and let us all go shooting his guns. This was the highlight of my boys' last trip to Elko and they were dying to try it again.
Even Emma got a turn.
Lizzie didn't want to be left out.
The handgun was something new.
We also took turns on Grandpa's 4-wheeler.
Some of us had more fun than others…Evan was given the OK to ride on it by himself (since he was over 12); however, it turned disastrous as he tried to take a hill that was too steep and rolled it over on top of himself. He broke the ATV and his collarbone. This is a lesson he will never forget, I am sure!
My 20th Class Reunion was this weekend and was much more fun than I had even expected. I loved catching up with friends. These 2 ladies are so fun!
Saturday in the park was so hot--100+ degrees! But I had to brave it so that I could see these beautiful women! I have to admit that I still adore some of the guys in my class. I was raised with some classy, good people.
The cherry on top was being invited by my good friend, Jess Boucher, over to his house to see his mother. Mrs. Boucher was my 5th grade teacher and will always hold a special place in my heart. That year, I was bullied by a few girls who sent around a petition trying to get my teacher fired because I was the "teacher's Pet". Everyone but 1 friend of mine signed it. I hated going to school and developed an ulcer that year. But this lady, who looks the same as she did 27 years ago, would always give me a smile and make me feel safe and cared for.
Then, my 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Sheehan, showed up for dinner. What luck! She and Mrs. Boucher have been friends forever and so we got to chat with her for a bit. I had the chance to tell her all my memories of math races at the front of the board, her St. Patrick's Day attire, heads-up 7-up, making bird nests out of chinese noodles and chocolate chips, and the owl clock who helped me figure out how to tell time. I was one lucky girl. It confirmed to me that it really does take a community to raise a child. I have been richly blessed by being raised in a tight-knit and small community like Elko.














No comments:
Post a Comment