Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yellowstone

Before my kids went back to school, I wanted to make sure that we had gone to Yellowstone.  Wow!  It was gorgeous--a perfect day!
We stopped to see waterfalls, vistas, canyons,

tons of geysers, "Painter's Pots" where hot pools of water reeked of sulfur, 




 and TONS of buffalo.  They were everywhere.  They were our favorite part because we got to be so close and were forced to observe them for over an hour as they had a grand old time moseying across the road.  We watched them fight and butt heads, we watched mothers and fathers call their babies and gather to eat or lie down.  


 And of course, we went to see Old Faithful.
We got there just in time before the area closed and it got dark.

(I know I'm cheesy and we are in rainbow colors, but I'd originally asked the kids to wear solid colored shirts so that our pictures looked half-way decent and then they we somehow managed to complete the rainbow.  I'm a dork, I know.)


No comments: