Happy Father's Day (or "Daddy's Day" for my girls who can't say their r's yet)!
What a glorious thing to celebrate our dads who do so much for us! I am so blessed to have a wonderful father who taught me the most important values in life and lives those values every day. I'm also extremely blessed to have a husband who constantly works hard to provide comforts of life for our family and makes us laugh while doing so. Men are wonderful creatures with a different approach to handling life. I'm so grateful that I have strong, successful, righteous men in my life to help me where I lack.
Father's Day came bright and early as Steve spoke in a branch about an hour away. After he completed his assignment, he hurried to our building since our YW provide cookies for the men during the last portion of church. Remember when our moms used to say, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? Our moms were so smart! Anyways...I'd prepared Steve's requests for dinner, and the kids created a menu from The Bird Bistro. Steve then got to take a 2 hour nap, while I kept the kids busy playing and reading. Dessert, of course, came next. The kids had a blast helping me decorate the cake and sneak the left-over frosting. After talking to our dads/grandpas, the boys decided that the best way to honor their dad was to let him watch a movie with them (nice, guys). If any of you know my husband, he can quote The Three Amigos starting from any point in the movie and is able to slip its quotes into numerous conversations. He also knows the My Little Buttercup dance, but wasn't willing to demonstrate that for us on Sunday. Well, the boys had never seen it, and were able to twist Steve's arm in letting them watch it yesterday. I think it was a bonding moment!
Here are some of the cards and cake he received! I got him pictures of the kids wearing his ties that I'll try to scan and post later. They turned out SO cute! I had to even sign a release so that they can be hung up in the store!
We love you, Daddy!
2 comments:
Great cake and father.
I love your cake! It is absolutely darling!
Post a Comment