Monday, June 8, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

OK, I have 15 minute before school ends for the summer and am a little nervous, so I'm thinking of the cute things my kids have done or said in the last few days.

Last week, I was cutting all of my boys hair, so I happened to be in my bathroom while Evan was showering. He yelled out, "Hey, Mom. This conditioner says in the directions: 'While singing, work into clean, damp hair and rinse with warm water. For best results, sing louder.' Do you think it works?" With a chuckle, I said, "You can try it." Sure enough, Evan was singing Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" at the top of his lungs!

As I sat in front of a friend's home finishing the last page of a book, I had the van door open so that the girls could feel the breeze. After complaining that she wanted to go in and play, Emma yelled out, "Mom, the leaves are clapping for me!" How terrific is it that she thinks nature is cheering her on!

Lizzie yelled her first distinguishable 4 word phrase as she got her dad's attention to show him a silly face. "Hey, Dad! Watch this!"

Saturday night, Steve and I left the kids home in charge of themselves while we ran over to a wedding reception for an hour. When we went upstairs to see how bedtime was shaping up, we surprised Braxton walking around with Lizzie on his hip making sure the other 3 kids were brushing their teeth. I noticed Lizzie's foam curlers had been removed and said, "Oh, Lizzie, did you take out your curlers?" Braxton with a totally confused look admitted that he had taken them out. I explained that she is supposed to sleep in them and he came back with..."Well I wasn't raised with baby girls and just don't know about all that stuff. You're better at this mom stuff than I am." I hope so, Braxton.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh, sweet Braxton. You're kids are so fun!

The Nisbets said...

Adorable....thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

That Emma! I LOVE how she looks at life! Thanks for sharing!

jjstoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rad6 said...

I am so glad that you are recording some of these comments. I don't know how many times I have thought, "I need to write that one down" and then I don't. Glad you are... maybe it will inspire me to do better.
love reading about your family and your cute kids!!!