Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

Not only did August 20th, 2009 mark the first day of school for Braxton, but the first day as a student of Crone Middle School. He now leaves at 7:33 a.m. on a bus. This is a huge adjustment from 8:45!
Yes, I was the ONLY dorky mother who walked with her child to the bus stop. Noticing that I was not the same age as ANY other human within 1/4 of a mile, I stopped trying to catch up to my speedwalking son and watched from one houselength away. By the time the bus came, the rest of my children had caught up to me to see this big moment for their big brother. Poor guy! At least the rest of the kids know he has a cheering section, right?!

Evan and Carter will continue to get called each other's names by all the teachers at Kendall Elementary and are walking buddies. They have Mrs. Vasquez and Mrs. Breese (4th and 2nd grades) and came home very positive with their comments about their day. I have high hopes for this year.

I can't believe how big they're getting!

Because of the rain, all classes lined up in the gym or lunchroom. It made it a different and weird morning.
Carter is always apprehensive about his teachers and never looks forward to school. Evan, on the other hand, is always excited to get to know his teachers and the kids in his class. He's got some great friends with him this year.
Both boys the night before had been in tears about their summer ending, which broke my heart. I guess I've spoiled them. I'm thrilled they are looking back on it as a wonderful summer, but it made me worry about sending my "babies" out into the world again. I admit I was a complete mess Thursday. I had numerous things planned to take my mind off of my worrying over them, but making chocolate chip cookies won out again as it was the only way to make sure my boys came home to some home-cooked love from their mom. I do miss them while they are at school, but sometimes between 1:00 and 2:00 in the afternoon, I love the quiet.:)
Then to our great surprise and pleasure...my brother Wade and his family stopped by on their way back home from Washington D.C.!!! They brought some pizza as an offering and we had a great time playing, talking, eating, and laughing. It was a typical Alleman reunion. It was just WAY too short! We are so glad they came to our home and look forward to seeing them again. We love you guys!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Middle School??!!! Wow! Sounds like a wonderful day for everyone. If it makes you/Braxton feel any better...I plan on being that dorky mom too ;-) Great pictures :-)