Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Harry Potter Exhibit

What do you do on the last day of summer vacation? Well, we had a few things left on our "bucket list" and one was the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. I tried to schedule a time with Steve because I knew he'd love to go, but work wouldn't allow it. So, I took all 5 by myself. They were really good. We now have a family membership for the year, so I'll try not to take too many pictures EVERY time we go. I did manage to get a few fun ones on August 19th, however. Unfortunately, no photography is allowed inside the exhibit, so that will remain engraven in our memories (which can be accessed via pensive according to Dumbledore). They did have the flying car on display on the lower level of the museum. So fun! Our favorite parts were the mandrakes that you can pull out of the pots and hear scream, the quidditch hoops you can throw your own quaffle balls through, and Hagrid's chair you can sit in. Evan was one of the 3 that was sorted by the sorting hat (GRYFFINDOR!), which was fun. Plus, all of the guides in the exhibit spoke with English accents. Evan began responding to their questions in his own English accent--too funny! I guess, when in Rome...

Evan loves to see how he can shock his mother when the whole world can see!
The kids have no idea what this exhibit is teaching, it's just something they can climb on.

These 2 chicks in the hatchery would come every time Emma would tap on the glass. They were so cute!

Lizzie is in the Petroleum room!

I wish I knew the technology of this, but if you stand still long enough, the butterflies on the screen will land on your shadow. Emma couldn't do it. SHOCKER!

Lizzie became quite possessive of her cool electric car of the future!

No comments: