Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad

Today my thoughts have been with my marvelous father, whom I adore. I was delinquent in getting a card to his home on time, but I hope he knows how much I love him and my kids love him. I've always held him on a pedestal, and he still does not let me down. He taught me to be proud of who I was and stand tall. This he said literally and seriously. My father has great taste and even bought me a pair of high-heeled shoes in high school so that I would be even taller! He taught me to work hard and always do my best. This he did by example and also by hiring me as an employee in his office from the time I was about 10 years old. I was always jealous of the time my brothers got with my dad through scouts. On my 18th birthday, I finally got my turn. My dad allowed me to tag along with him to a meeting in San Francisco and took me to Phantom of the Opera. This was such a big deal, I even missed a day and a half of school! :) My dad also taught me how to drive a stick shift on a dirt hill in the middle of nowhere. He had great patience that day. My dad showed me his unconditional love when he expressed concern over some of my bad boyfriends or told me that Steve was such a good man, I needed to marry him. My dad is a pillar of faith. I still rely on it every once in a while when I'm weak. I have grown to love my dad even more as I get older and as I watch his relationships grow with my children. He is an exceptional grandpa! Carter has always wanted to be his "buddy" and used to try to match his outfits every day. Emma wouldn't leave his side at Disneyland and would choose him over Steve. Lizzie starts yelling "Grandma, Papa" every time she sees the laptop on the kitchen table thinking she'll get to skype with them. What a blessing!
Well, Happy Birthday, Dad! I look forward to wishing you many more birthdays to come! I hope I keep my youth as long as you!
Love,
Kori

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kori! You made me tear up! What a beautiful tribute to your dad. He deserves it! He is a good man! Happy b-day President Alleman!