Saturday, October 10, 2009

My brother



Today is the birthday of my little brother, Wade. He and I are 17 months apart and life was quite an adventure growing up with him. He always seemed to be in trouble and was the easiest one to blame--mainly because he usually did IT-whatever IT was. Plus, Mom always believed us when we said IT was Wade's fault. He ate a ton of food, yet was known as "Buttless" in high school. He played basketball and had the record for the most "foul-outs" in a season. He was scrappy and fought for everything. He never loved the piano like I did, but learned to play the guitar amazingly well and can always impress me with his music ability. Wade has always had tons of energy and loves to laugh. He attracts funny people, too. He is one of the smartest and most talented men I know. He monopolizes every conversation because he really is that interesting and people really do love to hear him talk. It's a talent I've never seen matched! I know he's a great doctor and I am so grateful for the free medical advice he's given me. I love seeing him in the husband and father role that he plays now. He's got a big heart and a grounded soul. He's a great example and a "really funny uncle." Happy Birthday, Wadey-poo!

1 comment:

Jileen said...

I just remember "Wade's World" at a Stake Activity (I think?) and remember hearing that he wore Cara Basso's mini skirt to the junior high to make a point. Always creative and entertaining. Please tell Mr. Wade Happy Birthday for me! :)