Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend madness

This fall, our family has been extremely busy with the three boys each in 2 sports, scouts, and piano lessons. All 3 are on the year-round Fox Swim team. Braxton and Carter are playing soccer and Evan is enjoying football. Our Saturdays are pretty full with just the games. This past Saturday combined it all: Braxton had a scout campout Friday night, had to check in to the swim meet at 7:30 am, Carter's game was at 9, Evan's at 10:30. Then after the meet, Braxton played in a 3:00 game. Whew! One fun twist was that I got to go to Evan's game without the girls. They can be great cheerleaders, but after sitting in the cold for Carter's game, they were done, especially since Evan's field has no park within eye-shot. I love watching these boys develop these fun skills and improve every year.

Carter is quite the star on his team. I believe he has at least 80% of the goals for the season. "Give it to Carter!" is quite often heard on the sidelines, which makes me such a proud mama. One funny story about this past game was that all the kids were backing away from him whenever he'd prepare for a big kick. "Do you know why?" When he knew I was stumped, with a huge smile on his face he said it was because there was so much goose poop on the field that everytime he kicked the ball really hard, the kids were scared the poop would fly off of the ball and get them dirty. Gross!


This is one of Carter's goals!

Below is Evan, #63. He's on the end of the offensive line.

He loves to block!

Braxton missed picture day, so I took a few of my own. He even has sports goggles now! Thanks, Grandpa. He loves them! Braxton loves full back and really helps out his team!

No comments: