Today, as I was driving Carter home, he was explaining to me how he has the ability to make teachers laugh and not get in trouble for it. I guess it happened twice today--once in his classroom, and once in music. Nice. My son is the class clown. He also came home with his poetry book. I have to share his creativity.
Can flip his eye lids
A big eater when eating steak
Rocks at swimming
Talks a lot
Expert at crossing his eyes
Runs a quarter mile
Orange is...
Orange is the shine of the sunset behind a mountain
Orange is the dripping smear of honey on my face
Orange is the crunch of a Cheese-It in your mouth
Orange is the snuggling tiger cub cuddling with its mom
Orange is the spray of an orange after you eat two pieces at a time.
He told me that he'd rather not have me wear red lipstick to his school because it embarrasses him a few weeks ago. He then apologized if he hurt my feelings with that request.
He is observant, social, and entertaining.
When I don't know what to do with him, I've started telling him I love him.
Sometimes that's all you can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment