Thursday, April 8, 2010

Totally unconventional

A while ago, in the mail I received a coupon for a new ice cream establishment here in Naperville called Maggie Moo's. However, the picture on the coupon was of a pizza. Yes, people they have discovered a way of combining my family's two favorite foods, pizza and ice cream. So, since my beloved brother-in-law had a birthday in March and my sweet Emma's birthday was going to be occurring while I was away from her (I'm still whittling away at the guilt complex), we decided to celebrate with a different kind of birthday cake.....and it looked like this!!!

I know... I, too, am amazed that I allowed a store-bought novelty to take the place of a homemade cake, but it has happened. This "supreme" pizza has a chocolate brownie crust, Maggie Moos signature vanilla ice cream, red frosting, white chocolate curls for the cheese, M&Ms, chocolate cherry discs (pepperoni), Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and toffee bits. It was fun and delicious. Definitely, not something you want to eat every day, but honestly, next to Dove Dark chocolate, is there really anything else you would want to eat every day?
Emma said it was perfect!


Ryan, the birthday boy, spoke a few "mmm"s and "yum"s.


Lorilyn, my gorgeous niece, enjoyed the toppings, but more importantly, looked cute in her new hat I got her for HER birthday.

My boys never complain when ice cream is involved.

And Braxton...he nearly licked his plate!

3 comments:

Flash Jorgensen said...

LOVE IT! Pizza and ice cream is the perfect combination! But the brownie bottom is what makes it most appealing to me! Cute post!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Yumm! I want to try making one of those...

Amy said...

We went to Maggie Moo's in SLC for hte first time when we met Pres Monson! I dont' remember a Pizza! Did you figure out how to make it? If so, let me know! Looks delicious!