Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fancy Nancy Party

We love, no ADORE, fancy Nancy at our house. Her books have a wonderful way of introducing vocabulary in a really fun, girly way. She is everything my house lacked before I had Emma. There was no pink, no ruffle, no extravagance. Things were simpler, but now with my girls, life has a little more sugar and spice and everything nice to it. Emma decided on a Fancy Nancy party to celebrate her life of six years. After searching online, we came up with some fun and fancy things to do at her party. First, all of our guests were fanci-fied with boas, tiaras, sunglasses, and earrings. They were then escorted to 2 stations--one where you could have your nails painted (or decals put on), and the other where you could decorate flip-flops. My marvelous neighbor volunteered her services to help, so I put her in charge of nails. I was head of the flip-flop station, which was much more labor intensive than I had anticipated, so there are no pictures, but some of them turned out DARLING, that's a fancy word for cute. My 2 boys got dressed up for the occassion. They thought Emma's friends were so fun and loved making them laugh. They have always enjoyed wearing costumes, but I never thought they'd want to be fancy like THIS.
Even Steve went for a laugh with his tiara.


Musical Chairs was next. Emma's enjoying herself, while the other 2 girls were going for the win.

Freeze Dance followed.

To calm down before dinner, I read a Fancy Nancy book.


Dinner was superb! We had 2 different types of sandwiches, cut in triangles without crust and with fancy toothpicks, finger jello cut out in heart-shapes, a veggie mosaic, and a fruit mosaic.
The cupcapes were pink, of course, and had pearls on them.







Next, the girls got to make their own "parfaits", that's a fancy word for ice cream sundae. Emma wanted to make sure we had all the toppings. (I was vacuuming sprinkles for days.)

The girls then wanted to open presents. Emma received some fun gifts. She is such a lucky girl to have such great friends.

Time was running out. Mothers were going to be showing up soon, so we gathered the girls for the finishing touches before the fashion show. Each girl got to choose between 2 different perfumes. We "dabbed" it on their wrists and behind their ears.

Then we put on lipgloss--always the final touch.
The moms were brought in to our family room and seated. Each girl came out of the piano room when announced and walked down the catwalk. They posed 2 or 3 times, smiled for the camera, and then lined up.

This is a collage of one of the girls' poses. They were dah-ling. One of Emma's friends surprised us by walking out with her boa under her shirt and then pulled it out and swung it around while doing a little dance. :) She was the hit of the show!

What a fun party! We sent each girl home with a white satin purse embroidered with flowers, a pearl necklace, a hairclip for their hair (Emma and I made them), candy necklaces and bracelets, ring pops, nail polish, and suckers that made a flower bouquet. They also got to keep their boas, tiaras, earrings, and sunglasses.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I want a Fancy Nancy party just like Emma's!!!! I would have loved to have been there!!! It looked absolutely divine (that's a fancy word for great!)

Mandi said...

What a great party! The girls looked like they had a ton of fun.

Matt and Becca said...

How fun!! I love all the fancy details! I can't believe Emma is SIX! She looks so gorgeous with those flowing, wavy locks!

The Stradling Family said...

What cute pictures! Lizzy keeps telling me about the party-it made quite an impression on her.