Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pie Day: 3-14

I believe life is to enjoy, so I try to find as many reasons to celebrate as I can. Otherwise, the crazy schedules and to-do lists get overwhelming for me. For pi day this year, I made a spaghetti pie and Chocolate Ribbon Pudding pie. Yum! My name was praised during the entire meal. Positive reinforcement goes a long way with me!!! Sausage Spaghetti Pie 1 pkg (1 lb) spaghetti 4 eggs, beaten 2/3 c grated Parmesan cheese 1 c chopped onion 1/4 c butter 2 c (16 oz) sour cream 2 tsp Italian seasoning 2 lbs sausage 2 c water 1 can (tomato) paste 1 c (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to 3 greased 9-in. pie plates; press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Set aside. (I did one pie plate and one 8x11 pan). In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat (I skipped this part and put in 2T dehydrated onions); stir in sour cream and seasoning. Spoon into the crusts. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and tomato paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 min. or until thickened. Spoon over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Cover and bake pie at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Pies can be frozen. Chocolate Ribbon Pie 4 oz cream cheese 2 T sugar 1 T milk Beat ingredients, then add 1/2 tub of cool whip and spread onto bottom of pie crust. Refrigerate. Beat together 2 packages of Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding and 2 c milk. Spoon over first layer. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with remaining Cool whip and Enjoy!

No comments: