A wonderful program that the school districts in our area put on is called the "Fine Arts Festival." For one day from 7:30 until 5:00, you can walk around the high school and enjoy music from multiple choirs, orchestras, bands, groups, etc. from grades 4-12. Between large auditoriums/gyms and lining the hallways are the award winning art selections from each elementary and middle school that feed into the high school. I love Fine Arts Festival. It's a great way for the high school to show off their "grammy-winning" programs and young talent in the area. This year we had 2 choir concerts, 1 orchestra concert, and 2 art pieces make it in. My Evan has turned into quite the artist. When swimming ended, he used his time in learning something else, and that was learning how to draw and shade. This is a picture he drew while looking off of the new Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine one day...it wasn't a part of the festival, but was so good I had to show it.

This was an exercise where they had to take a picture, cut it in half and draw the other half. This piece is where Steve and I saw how much Evan had improved after reading just 1 book and got him recognized by the teacher. This particular piece has been selected to compete at the state level.

We didn't know his "Pepper" also made it! I'm so proud of him. Steve and I can't draw anything now in front of him because he's so much better than we are!

The halls were so crowded and Lizzie was tired, so she weasled Braxton into carrying her the rest of the time. Often, when we give compliments at night, she will say that she likes how Braxton or Evan carries her on their backs. She's lucky to have such nice, strong brothers!

This picture also shows a little bit of Braxton's new adventure--a Herbst appliance. This is a precursor to braces. It is a hunk of metal with arms attached to his back teeth that pull his lower jaw forward. It's been difficult to get used to, but hasn't inhibited his eating too much.
(Nope, my food bill is still astronomical. Yes, he's still growing.)

Braxton and his good friend, Om.
Om is an only child and enjoys the chaos of our home. Braxton is
not an only child and loves the freedom and attention at Om's home. I guess they make a good pair and provide each other with different experiences.
3 comments:
Wow - Evan is a superb artist! I wish I could draw like that!
Our Evan just oozes with talent!
WOW... A Whole family of talent! Too much for one household I think... not fair! haha.
Love ya
Post a Comment