Sunday, December 11, 2011

Li'l Drummer Boy Primary Party

On December 3rd, I helped throw a party for our church's Primary. We held a breakfast with french toast & syrup (I even made Buttermilk syrup--Mmmmm), bacon, sausage, juice, milk, oranges, and bananas. We had a darling craft ornament and a short musical program. I wrote it based on the nativity from the perspective of the Little Drummer Boy, who tried to give the Christ child his loved and only possession, his drum. Mary asked him to keep it instead and share his talent as his gift to the baby. The primary children concluded by singing and drumming on their own drums (made by my counselor, Juliann Griffin, who did a phenomenal job) to the song, "Little Drummer Boy." It was such a special morning and the kids all seemed to enjoy themselves.


These kids are SO CUTE!






Santa came to visit at the end. He was so funny with the kids, joking around with them. Lizzie, though, still decided she was scared of him and wouldn't get near him.



Emma wants a toy dog that walks on a leash and a pink Ipod.



Carter wants an Ipod, Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, a watch, and a page full of more wishes.



Evan was mortified to be personally invited by Santa to sit on his lap, but through his nervous giggles, mentioned that he'd like an Ipod. I hope Santa has an in with Apple!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jenny Smith said...

Loved your party!

What is that, 3 iPods? Wow!

Jenny Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

What awesome ideas for the party!! You rock!!!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

What a cute party! You are so creative. If I was still in primary I would totally steal this idea!hehe
Hope you guys have a good Christmas!