Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Crone Champion II


My Braxton is a special kid. He tries so hard to do what's right and please everyone. In the last few weeks, we have received 4 different notices from teachers at school telling us (Steve and I) what a great kid he is. It's reassuring to see others find his effort noteworthy. Two emails and postcards came from teachers praising him for his citizenship and integrity. He was also named a Crone champion yet again. This is an honor where the school recognizes a boy and girl from each "team" in each grade who exemplifies positive accomplishments. The students and parents are invited to a breakfast, where they are recognized by their teachers and administrative staff.

Another recognition was for his integrity. Braxton found a dollar bill on the floor as he was walking down the hall in between classes. He handed it in to the office. After 4 weeks, they gave it back to him along with a letter commending his honesty and also gave him a gift certificate for a free meal!


He comes home with candy bars almost weekly from helping others in his classes and being a positive role model.


I love this kid!



Since I went last year to the Crone Champion Breakfast, I allowed Steve to accompany Braxton so that he could see his son honored in front of his peers.

(This is something we never thought possible when Braxton was young. We are amazed by the kind, gentle giant Braxton has become.)



Of course, I'm choked up as I am writing this, but I honestly am in awe of the spirit inside this young man. He is an example of purity not seen often in 13 year old boys. His faith in God and in others is rare. He sees the good in everything. He has no guile. He is definitely sheltered and naive, but I appreciate it. He couldn't be a better role model for his younger brothers and sisters. Steve and I are so blessed to have him as our oldest child.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marie said...

He is definitely an incredible young man. A spiritual giant.