Saturday, June 2, 2012

May the Fourth Be with You!


At Womens Conference, I spoke a lot about celebrating mealtimes and offered different ideas about what to celebrate--no matter how small.  Afterwards, I was introduced to a day absolutely worth celebrating at my house...May 4th.  I have 3 boys who grew up loving Star Wars, so to add a little fun into our evening, I searched online for ideas and came up with a Star Wars worthy spread.

Here we have Vader's Veggies and Han Solo in Carbonite

Double sided lightsabers (hot dogs, with crescent rolls wrapped around the center as the handle)
Yoda Ears (Edamame)
and Princess Leia's Pizza Rolls (It's rolled up like a cinnamon roll, but with pizza sauce, cheese, and mini pepperoni--thus, making it look like the rolls on the side of her head.)


Here is Chewbacca Chicken (alliteration works with kids every time)
Yoda Soda (rhyming does too)
Mmmmm, good!  Chris and Marilyn came over for our celebration.  I think next year, we need to open it up to a small party and actually watch the movie to cap it all off. 

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

You are the cutest Mom! I love a daily celebration!