Monday, June 4, 2012

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day!  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  My girls also make it special for 2 weeks.  Lizzie started saying "Happy Mother's Day" multiple times each day when I believe her preschool started practicing their songs for Mother's Day Tea Day--at least a week before the date.  Emma would surprise me with cute notes and pictures all over the house--taped to my wall, left on my pillow, etc.  They are so sweet!  That day was fun to celebrate with the kids in Nursery.  The Senior primary sang a song that I found online called "Taught By Their Mothers" that moved me to tears each time they practiced.  I hope that my children can stand strong and be true to their faith because they were taught by a mother striving to live a life similar to those of the stripling warriors.  

My fab 5!
 Steve had the wonderful opportunity to share this Mother's Day with his own mother...a day he has teased her with for years.  He's has offered to grill her a filet mignon on Mother's Day for years and this year it came to pass--along with grilled zucchini, bacon wrapped scallops, asparagus, strawberries, and potatoes. Mmmmmm!  
Steve attempted his first Dutch oven dessert in the backyard experiment and it was delicious!  With him now as the scout master and an owner of our own dutch oven, he is now spreading his wings and trying to perfect different scouting delicacies. :)  We are looking forward to many, many more of these this summer!

At the end of the day, this is the wonderful, smart, driven, talented, and caring man who takes care of me and our children.  I am so grateful that he provides a way for me to stay home with our children so that I can work on being the mom I've always wanted to be.
Our anniversary falls in the 3 week window between my birthday and Mother's Day.  It's been 16 years!

So far the story has been an adventure with twists and turns, but I'm always excited for the next chapter...



No comments: